View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

Miss P, So much is wonderful in your post, even though it feels raw and overwhelming. It's great that you and your father shared and that he is so supportive. It's also great that he has been sober for over a decade. Please consider yourself blessed to have him, to have him sober, and to have a relationship good enough to share that with him. Your post made me tear me- happy for you as well as missing my own father and wishing I could share that with him as well.

It has finally cooled off here so I'm looking forward to enjoying some time outside today. I have created a private file on my computer as kind of my "go to" for when I'm in the midst of a craving or just need to adjust my mindset or thought process. It's small now, just a few lists and reminders as well as some good links from Dee . It is on my home computer so a not always convenient or accessible, but its a start.

I read over some old journals last night it brought back some good solid sober times I've had over the past few years. My entries are black or white - drinking and miserable, full of complaints and promises to myself OR sober and full of clarity, perspective and optimism. It's so obvious....

Hope everyone has a good sober Saturday. Please check in , we need each other!