View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ALinNS

Welcome, the key, at least in my case is to be around people that understand this addiction and those that have gone through what we do understand and are my friends even if we never meet, the main point is to have a plan and really, really want to stop.

If I would go to any length to get a drink and when I drink I will, I want sobriety as I love life and I have had stretches where I was sober for quite some time and very, very happy but this AV we all have gained control over time, I know how it gets me now so I am seeing professional help to deal with those issues because I know if I do, I will never drink again, that is the end game and I will see it through.

The question always is how bad do we want sobriety, for me I am going to any length and use any and all resources I can get my hands on. It's an everything to gain vs loose what little is still left to and in my life including life itself, I will not go down the road of destruction again. When I play the tape through, it's really scary to me. I am doing what it takes to stay sober and following my plan.