View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

Happy New Year from Hong Kong everyone!

Here's to a brilliant and sober 2016 to all of us. One where we find our better selves and make better choices. One where we tackle our individual challenges with clear minds and dignity. One where we come closer than we have before to realising our true potential as parents, children, siblings, spouses, lovers, friends, colleagues and creators of our lives.

I'm very sorry to hear of the difficulties that some of us are having, Maximus and JL, I hope 2016 brings you the ability to solve or at least improve your situations. To those of us in early days, dealing with insomnia and other symptoms, be strong. To those of us experiencing the triggers that we all have to deal with, please let it pass so that you can usher in 2016 clean and sober and let us all keep it that way.

I haven't forgotten too that New Year's is ubnt's one month anniversary! Congratulations - that's inspiring for all of us!

I took myself off to bed early last night ... 9.30 pm or so. I was exhausted since i'd been up since 5.30 am yesterday. I slept through the fireworks even - what a nanna (with apologies to all nannas out there). Now I am up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. It has just gone 7 am here and I am waiting for the weather to warm up a little then will go for a long run in the crisp air.

This long weekend I am bent on tackling every drawer, cupboard, cabinet and storage unit in my flat, and getting organised within an inch of my sober life. If it necessitates a weekend trip to a certain Scandinavian furniture store that I normally avoid at all costs, so be it!

That's the first of my major projects. If I don't finish this weekend, I'll just keep going weekend by weekend till I'm done.

This is my first clear-eyed New Year's morning for as long as I can remember so I do apologise if I sound a little over-enthusiastic, but I am feeling very good indeed.
If it were not for SR and what I've learned from it and received from you all here, I am 100% sure it would not have been so. Thank you .