View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I'm feeling lots of anxiety today. I know it's just another day, but for some strange reason I'm scared of leaving 2015 behind. Must be my AV talking dumb ideas again. 2015 wasn't a great year and still I'm scared of leaving the comfort zone and start something new. I'm scared that my marriage and everything else is going to blow up and that I won't be able to handle it. I am scared of change even if it means leaving behind a life that is making me unhappy...ugh. I'm over thinking I know...
(((Patricia)))

Take a nice deep breath. Everything is going to be ok. 2016 is going to be amazing for you...I just know it!

I over-think all the time too! I'm what they call a catastrophic thinker. I ALWAYS project the worse. I'm working on it in counseling.

Here's an example of the way I think: "In 2016 I am gonna be sober & happy and my life is gonna get really good. As soon as I am really happy my house is gonna burn down, my pets are gonna die and everyone is gonna leave me!"

Crazy!!! It's like I'm terrified to be happy because I'm afraid to lose it.

My sponsor told me when I start thinking too far into the future I need to look down at my feet and say to myself "where are you right this second KiKi?" So I look at my feet and see where I am (right now I am sitting in a recliner in my family room) and I try to stay there.

Where are your feet Patricia? :-)