View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
tomsteve

sourbaby, i would encourage ya to read the chapter, "more about alcoholism."

what im reading is some rationalization- ya dont get knee walkin drunk every time so youre not "that much" of an alcoholic.
remove the drinking amount completely and look at the thinking.

if you decide to go, here is someyhing from the bb, which i think this refers to people who have completed the steps:
In our belief any scheme of combating alcoholism which proposes to shield the sick man from temptation is doomed to failure. If the alcoholic tries to shield himself he may succeed for a time, but he usually winds up with a bigger explosion than ever. We have tried these methods. These attempts to do the impossible have always failed.

So our rule is not to avoid a place where there is drinking, if we have a legitimate reason for being there. That includes bars, nightclubs, dances, receptions, weddings, even plain ordinary whoopee parties. To a person who has had experience with an alcoholic, this may seem like tempting Providence, but it isn't.

You will note that we have made an important qualification.Therefore, ask yourself on each occasion, "Have I any good social, business, or personal reason for going to this place? Or am I expecting to steal a little vicarious pleasure from the atmosphere of such places?" If you answer these questions satisfactorily, you need have no apprehension. Go or stay away, whichever seems best. But be sure you are on solid spiritual ground before you start and that your motive in going is thoroughly good. Do not think of what you will get out of the occasion. Think of what you can bring to it. But if you are shaky, you had better work with another alcoholic instead!

if you go,please!!! have these 3 things:
the right motive
fit spiritual condition
and most impirtantly
an escape route.

can ya access SR from yer phone?

the bb tells us alcohol is but a symptom of much deeper problems. i was a friggin basket case with all the crap rattling around in my head without alcohol.
add alcohol and i was a drunken friggin basket case.

took the alcohol out and was able to use the steps to work on causes and conditions.