View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ALinNS

Originally Posted by stevepearce View Post
That's it. Once you recognise and name it the job is done. It's when you identify with it that it gets tricky.
The roads for the most part were fine as I suspected. As I mentioned this AV at least with me will go to any extreme to win even a small battle, I know the weather I have driven in to get booze, go to whatever length, today was a cake walk.

As my counselor said it quiets down in time however we always have to be mindful that it is probably up to something or planning something. Especially in the early stages as long as we are mindful, play the tape through (which I did as the 2nd meeting is always easier to miss than the first, everything starts to fall apart and falling apart is not in my big plan.

Had an excellent session, did some shopping on the way home and feel at peace I won this battle and plan to win every battle so that it never again destroys what I am working desperate hard at putting back together.

Happy New Year everyone, my former better half that I still think the world of and I am fairly confident we will get back together is coming this afternoon from the city (1 hours drive) we are going to take the dogs for a long walk and then because we both love to cook as a hobby, we are cooking some dishes we have been chatting about from scratch, watch a fun movie and bring in the new year on a very positive note, me being sober and I am so thankful for my sobriety and this opportunity, also thankful for everyone of you here, I am of the mind working together nothing can stop us, we just can't do it alone in the early stages especially.

All the best

Andrew