View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ALinNS

This AV (Addictive Voice)

Is a piece of work in my case at least, it will try everything to get me to drink or to not do something that will hurt it but my head has been clear since the 12th and it has little to no power over me, for now and I hope and pray never again.

So this morning alcohol is the far from my mind because my mind is clear however we have had two big snow storms over the past week, roads are in poor condition and I have my weekly meeting with a Clinical Therapist, Addiction Services at 9, it's about a 20 min drive, so the AV has been trying everything this morning to tell me, Andrew the roads are bad, reschedule for another time, you know Peter and he will understand. I say BS, I am going to my appointment.

Point being is in my case I have to be very mindful of where these thoughts are coming from, my logical side of my brain knows I will be fine, go slower, take longer, you have never had a problem or accident in 35 years so what is the problem Andrew?

This AV will go to any extreme to try and get us to do many things, miss an appointment, meeting, work, drink, family gathering whatever the case may be, I know for me when I listened and missed that meeting in the past it always led to a road of self destruction.

Just wanted to share.

Have a great one
Andrew