View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by pkdel View Post
AV talk, 12 steps, it just makes me ill. I just don't feel like I can do that again. I want to find another way vs. all or nothing.
That crap made me ill too. Absolutely no way in hell I'd ever join up with that pack of losers. I knew I'd get it handled sooner or later.

Well, sooner didn't come......neither did later. I was quite shocked, honestly, to learn what an alcoholic really is and even more shocked to see that I was one of them - though I hated the thought.

The thing about 12 step (I can't speak to monitoring my "AV" as that never worked for me, I always drank again when i didn't want to) is that nobody (I know of) does it initially because it looks good, seems like it will work or because they want to. It's typically because they've tried everything else and it's the only damn thing left.

So, tips on moderating.......not a clue. I was never able to do that for long and never for whatever amount of time I'd decide to slow it down for when I'd try to control it. Then again, for the type of alcoholic I am, the ability to control it or talk myself out of starting isn't a possibility. Perhaps you still have that ability. By the time I even half-wanted to stop, it was not possible to do so.