View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
materiafanatic

I feel thankful that I've decided to move away from alcohol in my 20's as well! But honestly I'm so spooked by whatever damage I've already done to my body, that I'm still a bit anxious about it all.

I actually wasn't saying I'm against AA or anything like that, but more that when I quit it was just such an internal decision I didn't think of it at the time. I think I'd be open to checking it out I think joining a new club etc, and pursuing my hobbies/career more right now is exactly what I want to be doing! Great ideas.

Yeah when I really stopped and thought about it I realized drinking was getting me absolutely nothing. A temporary escape at best. Some people say your dating life in your 20's suffers when you quit drinking. But in my experience even with alcohol my luck there has been rotten anyway LOL! I don't think it adds anything of true substance to our lives.

Funny thing is even though only 3 weeks has passed, I don't even really miss it the way I thought I would right before I quit.