View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pkdel

Still contemplating and still afraid

I've been drinking an excessive amount of alcohol. Vodka during the day (I work from home) and wine at night. It is a constant juggling act. Crap, I juggle the disposal of liquor bottles, I'm constantly berated by my hubby due to my weight (alcohol induced for sure). He drinks 3-4 BIG beers a night and still looks like a spider. I go through spurts of activity and weight lifting, only to fall back into a slump. A slump of what? Brain fog, digestive issues, limitations on so many levels. I come from a family of drinkers. All of us, except one, is a big time drinker, even worse than me. I don't even know how to approach this. My idea at this time is to stop drinking while working (duh), and pre-pouring wine (20 oz.) for each night. Then I want to taper down from there. I don't believe a straight up stop will work for me. I know myself and I just don't have the resolve for it. I did it when I stopped smoking many years ago and the AV talk, 12 steps, it just makes me ill. I just don't feel like I can do that again. I want to find another way vs. all or nothing. Does anyone here have advice for tapering? It seems so simple in theory, but not in practice, for me, now. I will need some help. Any ideas? Is it an all or nothing deal to stop? I'd like to stop by tapering but don't know of a method to do it. Thank you in advance.