View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
Up early and enjoying that first cup of coffee! Scrolling through social media last night before bed and seems everyone is planning all these party's and all the alcohol pictures are already going around. It used to not bother me, but now it's a huge trigger! PLUS the realization of not having the extra paycheck is really setting in and adding more stress!!! I think I'm subconsciously setting my self up, but at least I can see it coming a mile away and hopefully combat it.

One of my best friends wan'ts to go camping/hiking over the weekend with our kids and he's admittedly behind me getting sober, but he brought and hid alcohol our last trip (my son told me) and it's always bothered me. Man, I wish I could just drink like a normal person!!!

Anyway, that's not me anymore and I can't bring that part of my life back...

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Hey Ultra-sounds like your AV voice is talking again! I feel a little pull in my stomach when I'm reading a book and they talk about having a drink. It's weird how our culture revolves around so much drinking. On TV you see it as the normal when people come home after a stressful day.
Anyway, it sounds like you're going to be going through some stresses over the next few months. Do you plan on doing them sober? You know we just can't drink like normal people. I so wish I could, but I think accepting that is the key to our survival.
If you decide to go camping maybe you can ask your friend not to sneak alcohol?