View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
findingme26

Originally Posted by ShootingStar1 View Post
This, and your comments wondering if people make it back together after a partner has an affair, make me think that you haven't really digested what is happening right now. That is often what happens when our lives become so enmeshed with someone who isn't emotionally healthy.

ShootingStar1
You're right, ShootingStar, I haven't completely digested it yet. I know that I'm still in denial that she's actually going to leave and that our relationship could very well be over. I know rationally that everything you are all saying is true, and I know what I should be doing. It's really difficult to put the plan into actual action though when I feel like I'm fighting it emotionally every step of the way. I have so much work to do in my own recovery, it feels overwhelming sometimes.

That's why I keep coming back and posting here though. I really do need to hear a dose of reality from outside people who don't know me at all, but know so much about my relationship dysfunction that it's scary!

She is home right now, going to watch the kids so I can go to my meeting tonight. I'm making plans to spend New Year's Eve with the kids at my mom's house and I've asked her to please find somewhere to stay this weekend.