View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
canguy

I'm in Tokyo. Again. Anything to escape it back there. Tokyo for pissheads is heaven. Everyone's drunk after five....beer is a softdrink here....the dispenser in the little room at the end of the hall gives ya a 1/2 litre can of Asahi for coins. Nothing opens before 11, so breakfast is lunch.....the girls in the bars are great....they teach you how to order..sumimasen, ...futahtasu Carlsberg kudasasai....anoshtono....kampai...hai!
Then go shopping. The malls are huge, endless mazes that go from one train station to the next. And there's this.......any shop you into you can just look. Nobody hassles you to buy. If you're interested they'll step in to help. Take your shoes off if going into the try on cubicle. Always be prepared to take your shoes off. In japan, have elastic sided pull on shoes. You're constantly taking off your ******* shoes. However drunk you are....don't go for a **** in your shoes. Its disgusting.

Okay.....so now we're hungry right, lugging all those bags around all day, on and off the Yanomote line. Food....anything you like. But first you have to pick it out of the tank and kill it. Everyone cheers and its carried off into the kitchen. Japanese people love killing fish. Actually, they eat them alive....but that was another place.

Japan is very expensive. But the quality of everything is way better.....the clothes you buy will last a bit longer than the first couple of washes. Everyone is incredibly polite but never forget that you're a gaijin.....just a lost sad euro dude going back to a Shibuya hotel room for some more Asahi and a few hours flicking through the mad, mad....television

Thought I'd share a small travelogue with my classmates as a change from the usual sad / desperate / guilty / inspirational postings.

Probably be banned....