View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
findingme26

Today was...I don't know. Going to work helps get through the day faster, keeps my mind occupied.

She found out that she is probably not going to be fired from work. They might treat it as a disability and just give her time off to recover. I think this is a terrible idea, as this job has directly contributed to the stress, chaos, and horrible environment that helped lead to this most recent relapse. Not to mention the affair with the coworker that is a big old sh*tpile of drama. She agrees that the stressful environment isn't good for her, but her pride won't let her give it up. I'm trying very hard to keep my opinions to myself and just see what she does with this.

I'm realizing (well, not realizing, I'm very aware) that I'm really bad at boundaries. Like, exceptionally bad. One of my key conditions for her being able to live in the house was that she would have to agree to no contact at all with her former affair partner. She got out of inpatient on Friday and texted the girl on Saturday. She did show me the texts and they were very general, but it doesn't really matter what they said, the fact is she reached out to her. Last night, she tried to call the girl. Girl didn't answer, but again, she still tried. Today, she called and they talked for about 20 minutes. Swears that it was just an apology, and letting her know that we are working on our issues and she won't be contacting her again. Says the girl is still angry and asked her not to contact her again.

So that's three times in three days, and what did I say about living in my house? I sent her an angry text and said if she does it again, she's out. Woo, that's so brave and bad of me! I'm frustrated and angry at myself right now. I've spent the evening just going about my own business like everything is fine because I don't have the energy for a major fight again tonight.

The codependent force is strong with this one, I'm afraid.