View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 04:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fire_Wind_Rain
Not crazy, just a lil unwell

If I were to dissect it, I guess the "high" I get comes from the relaxation of the anxiety. Does that make sense? It's like, when I'm at my peak level of pain, everything is excruciating. My son cries, and it's like he's screaming when he's not. The cat meows, and it's like a lion roaring, the water dripping becomes a waterfall, etc. Like I said before, it's almost a concious altering pain to me, like someone is taking the muscles in my back and ripping them, or grabbing my hips and trying to split me apart. So I guess if I were to try to look at it in that manner, it's like a euphoric feeling when that edge is taken off and I can get up and walk around, or be able to sit at the computer, or take a hot bath or whatever without being worried I'm going to fall because my hip gives out or whatever as I've embarrasingly done before. The anxiety melts away with the pain, so yeah, there is a certain level of "high" there because I can get up and get stuff accomplished. I get very anxious, almost claustraphotic in my own body when I am locked into the pain, and it's very soothing when I am released from that. It's very hard to describe.