View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Given the very close proximity here (your ex's protestations of the burdensome distance notwithstanding), I don't see why your son can't do what he wants to do with his dad (tennis, walks, just hang out, whatever) and still keep your house as "home base." Are there busy highways or something between your homes? Because it seems like 3.5 miles would be a very short distance for a 17 y/o to walk or bike.
HAHA, yep, that's true. I've told my son that he could do that because it's not too dangerous for biking and he can cut through a gated community to avoid the major road by my X's house. My X has never asked him to ride his bike over there but it is a viable option. I think they're both lazy. XAH is lazy just because he's who he is and my son is lazy because he's a teenager and just getting out of bed in the morning takes effort, lol.

And, yes, this distance is so burdensome isn't it? The reason I rented a house so close to his is because it's the perfect distance as far as I can tell. No major highways, mostly quiet connecting roads and feeder roads for neighborhoods, etc. XAH makes it sound like I moved halfway across town.

Now, with that being said: XAH did let our son stay at my place last night even though son has a teeth cleaning scheduled at 9 AM today. I swore he was going to tell son that he had to sleep over at his place, but he didn't. XAH just said, "It's up to him." Son and I were at my boyfriend's house watching football and playing with the kids, etc so I was glad we were able to stay and have some fun and that I didn't have to run my kid back home for his dad.