View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rickh54

3rd Christmas sober - check

Picking up a drink didn't really cross my thoughts this past christmas season. I look back to Christmas 2013, Didn't want to leave the house, attend any neighbourhood or company parties, have friends in. It was a struggle. I stuck to my plan and soldiered on, day after day after week after month. I am now 25.5 months into my recovery.
I read some of the current posts and new folks that have just joined us here on SR. I got this advice from a wise old owl when I first came here.
You have to have a plan to deal with everything that will come your way.
A plan for your health, a plan for your family, a plan to reevaluate your friendships, a plan to deal with the inevitable triggers, a plan to get your finances in order, a plan to get your career in order, a plan to deal with any legal problems you may have.
No plan? You must have a plan, it will make your chances of success much greater.
My sincere best wishes to you. This horrendous disease can be beaten, It is far from easy and at times it will test your resilience and best intentions to a level that you never thought possible. Stick to your plan, Everyday..
Much to lose and everything to regain.

Rick