View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Red94

Happy to have found this

Hi all. I'm 21 and have had a drinking problem for at least two years now. I drink an adequate amount every day.

I've tried to stop before, but I only lasted 5 days. So I am very happy to have found this forum, and hopefully get the support I need. I run my own business, and I finish most days at about 1pm, so I start as soon as I finish work.

I'm not a horrible, loud or violent drunk, I usually stay home..however I would like to be sober again. I would like to take charge of my life and stop relying on alcohol.

I get tingles in my face, feet and hands when I go without a drink. I only manage to go to social gatherings if I've had some beforehand.

My parents know I drink a lot and they've tried their best to help and support me. But they've got no idea what it's like, how I'm feeling, or how bad it really is.

I've tried help from the doctors as I suffer terribly with anxiety and my current relationship has a lot of issues, which I believe are both a big factor as to why I drink. But I can't get on with any of their suggestions. The only time I feel remotely unemotional is when I'm drunk.

Thank you for reading.

Red.