Thread: Updating
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Stewy84

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Hiya Stewy, First of all congrats on the 429 days of sobriety - that is phenomenal. Second congrats on throwing so much (different meds, Docs and ABT) at your depression. I'm 52 and have been dealing with depression since I was 18. However, everyone's depression is unique to the individual. I may have a totally different flavor of depression. I hear you on this >>>>"The content of the intrusive thoughts makes it difficult to discuss with anyone. Someone who hasn't suffered would most likely interpret what I was talking about in the wrong manner, advise me and most likely make matters unintentionally worse. " As much as folks want to help, sometimes it just makes it worse. I have developed a toolbox of tricks that help me deal with my depression and I sure hope you do too. It is a big big bummer that nothing has helped yet. Keep posting; if we can't help you, at least we can be present for your suffering.
Thanks man, yeah I'm grateful for such a fantastic forum (SR). It is I feel much better than some of the ones I've visited that are specifically geared for intrusive thought, depression and anxiety. Like you say it is helpful people are present.

One thing though, I owe a hell of a lot to the folk here over this year I've had so much advice and support, perhaps in 2016 I'll be able to give some back

Yes I need to keep working on the toolbox, diet, exercise and staying in touch with people helps me. And spending time conversing- not necessarily about problems, just general. It helps normalise everything and reduces the chances of negative rumination which perpetuates these troubling conditions