Thread: Updating
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Stewy84

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Congratulations on 429 days!! I have read your posts (not all). You mentioned relationship, anxiety and work issues. There is a lot going on. I think you need to see the dr. They can check your meds to switch, increase and/or maybe add a supplement medication. As far as your thoughts you should talk to your psychiatrist. I know some breathing exercises and mindfullness of the moment have helped me. I realize many thoughts are preposterous and ludicrous. I think many people have silly thoughts. It depends how much weight you give them. If we dwell on them they will drag us down. I do know my anxiety and depression have improved much since i have not been drinking. I wish you the best. Keep your head up. You are moving in the right direction.
Thanks for your kind words. The dr did actually advise me to remain on the sertraline same dose I'm on now for a while longer indicating that the body will not cope well with continuous changes to medication. I've been on 3 separate ones this year.

It is recognising a distorted thought, labelling it distorted and remembering that you are not your thoughts. This is what I need to keep in mind.

It's like I need to re-train my brain and adapt a more positive framework to work from.

I'm glad I'm sober for many many reasons though