View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
ultradad

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Happy Christmas Eve everyone!!

Had a great day here in the mid-south. We went and saw the new Star Wars...was excellent, both kids made it through the whole film, thankfully.

Weird not drinking on these holidays. Just trying to get used to not having it around and in hand seems so foreign. Not craving it, just miss it a bit, if that makes any sense.

Sounds like everyone else is managing, despite life's challenges. Hang in there to anyone struggling, we're in this together and will get through it!! Waking up sober and headache free on Christmas morning will be totally worth it. Have spent so many Christmases drunk that I can't count them. My parents used to start us with Baileys in the coffee, mimosa's with breakfast, and then just cruise on beers the rest of the day, switch to wine at dinner, then some cognac...you get the picture.

Time to start some new traditions in this family!
Ahhhhh YES! New traditions, love it and excellent idea!!!

We're actually planning to let the kids open presents in the morning and then go hiking/camping for two days...new tradition possibly : ) Feels strange but surprisingly right to be sober this Christmas!

My kids are all jacked up on sugar too Patricia!