View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ZeldaFan

It took me many tries to get sober and I'm only at day 11 going into day 12 now after a relapse and major binge. The first time I did it without seeing my doctor. Then I fell down hard. I tried doing it on my own the second time and I just couldn't. The anxiety and depression were too much. I saw my doctor and he helped me greatly. I would highly suggest doing the same. I feared my doctor would judge me or give me some kind of lecture about my drinking but he was completely understanding and supportive far beyond what I could have imagined. After my last relapse, I contacted him and he gave me some additional resources. It takes time to get the chemistry back to normal in your brain. After my second relapse was the hardest time for me. It took about a week before things started to get remotely normal again. It's been a little easier this time but that's probably due to the fact I stopped myself before it got completely out of control again. It's hard in the beginning but, once it starts to get better, it will hit you like a ton of bricks how much better life can be. Dust yourself off, get back up, be ready for a fight, come up with a plan using the links above and see your doctor for added support. I know you can do this!