View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Eddiebuckle

Good morning everyone. I am grateful for another day and the opportunities it brings. On this day six years ago I woke up in a rehab facility that I had checked myself into three days earlier. I had no idea what was in store for me, my brain felt like it had been scrambled, I was surrounded by strangers, and I was certain that I had irretrievably altered the trajectory of my life for the worse from my drinking. Through the guidance of my counselor Sam Orr and hundreds of others since, I have learned to live one day at a time and to depend on others when I need it most. My life is not perfect, but it's a far cry from what it was... I am now married, have a job that challenges me, more friends than I can count, and most days I am content.

To those who are new or struggling in this journey, please don't give up before the miracle happens. Ours is a fatal disease, therefore we occasionally have to work like our lives depend on it. Most days, however, demand only that we remain mindful and grateful of our disease and our flaws. They only define us and our future when we choose to act as though they don't exist.