View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
ultradad

Originally Posted by fruitymarzipan View Post
Hey there everyone, thought id say hello. I gave up the dreaded drink on 1st November. Iv posted in many of these "class of" threads - iv joined and always end up relapsing and joining another one! Getting more and more embarrassed & feeling a failure each time. This has been whilst I have been detoxing from painkillers. Its never worked and I have never stuck at it but never been sure why. I now know why and its because I have always continued to drink as I have seen the painkiller addiction as the primary problem. But of course the alcohol lowers my resolve and sends me right back to my drug of choice. Funny I have had no problem admitting I am a painkiller addict but always struggled to admit im an alcoholic. Well finally I have given up everything and its definately wierd especially at this time of year. Im a registered nurse and am working long hours this week which is good as it means I cant drink! Im off Christmas Day so need to just get through that! But looking forward to seeing my kids open their prezzys Xmas morning without a hangover!! Nice to meet everyone, hope your all having a good Xmas week x
Welcome Fruity!

It's a daily struggle for a lot of us and we're glad you're here! Stay connected and I know you can make it through Christmas day! I've missed so many Christmases due to my addiction, I, like you, plan on being fully present for this one...my kids deserve it! All the best to you!