Old 12-20-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dd14

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
dd14.....to answer your question.....if you let him sleep in the house again...there will just be an increasing level of misery to cope with. It will not hekp him and your mother and you will suffer even more. what good will that do anyone?

My advice...do not do it. You do not need to feel guilty over this...and, neither does your mother!

dandylion
Thank you for your answer, dandylion.

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I have a question, is there a reason you have to live in the same house as your parents? You're 26, couldn't you get your own place and let your folks work it out between themselves? How old is your brother? If he's an adult, the same goes for him.

Your mom has a right to make her own choices. If she wants him to sleep at home, I think that's her business.

This way, you remove yourself from the situation and allow two adults to make their own decisions about how they live their lives. That is a highly ethical position to take--granting someone the dignity of making their own decisions about how they live. You don't have to like it, but you can respect it.

Are you getting treatment for your mental health issues?
LexieCat, thank you also for your input. Let me clarify:

Yeah, as I mentioned, I live in the middle-east, things like family houses and lifestyles are different than what you folks do in the Western world. Even if someone isn't working, he/she is best advised to stay at his parents home. Anyway and as I said, I am currently finishing my master's degree and I, for sure, will be moving either abroad or to the capital city once I get a permanent employment, it's just a matter of a few months. My older brother has been living abroad for almost a decade while my younger one is only 19 and, as I said, it's normal for single people to live with their parents in my country, I do realize that it's different than in the US, UK, etc... but that's just the way we live here.

Even when I was living abroad before, my mom told me that, since I am leaving, she hopes that my father doesn't return to sleep at home and she was afraid that he will do it. In other words, mom suffered the most of us because of his acts.

I tried to treat my issues in the past without any success, I tried many pdocs and medications, it was a waste of time and money. The only therapy which I hope to try in the future is CBT but that would be when I get a decent and a permanent job.