View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by pams View Post
I slipped up last night. I didn't get drunk, I am not hungover, I did not do anything stupid. So that's all on the plus side. I dunno, I was so exhausted after work this week...not physically exhausted, but mentally exhausted. I had some frustrating days struggling with the new financial system that is to be in place by January 1st. Which is probably not going to happen. I have 3 working days until Xmas break and I don't think that is going to be enough time. I cant believe that this system does not have a manual, or a webinar, or even a help function...WTF? I am reliant on a very very busy man in the IT department across the country to help out. It's frustrating to have to wait for this man to find time to call me so I can ask a simple question that could easily be answered with a FAQ section. The wine did nothing for me. I don't feel guilty, or ashamed really. I feel just mostly disappointed. I blew my 30 some days on nothing. I could have just as easily came home and drank tea, but I didnt. Although, I was reminded of the crap sleep I get when I drink. I woke up at 1am, with heartburn and feeling a little shaky. I really detest that shaky feeling. I woke up SO thirsty several times....and no amount of water seems to make it go away. I had to get up and refill my water bottles, take something for the heartburn, and something for the anxiety I get from the shaky feeling. So I slept later than normal this morning and have accomplished nothing so far today. So ok. Wine is not my friend. That's settled. I am sitting here wondering what exactly I did get out of it 30 some days ago? Cause all I got out of it last night was a crap sleep, dehydration, heartburn and the need to use one of my anxiety meds.
I'm sorry Pams. Can you pinpoint how your AV talked you into thinking it would be ok to drink? Stupid AV!!! Grrrr!

Well at least it sounds like you know it's not fun anymore! At least it didn't sound fun to me. Be sure not to beat yourself up! Just look forward! Be proud of all of your hard work so far & just tweek a few things & build on it! Progress not perfection! Stay with us!!! We care about you!

We are stronger together, remember? :-)