View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

Good morning class I woke up this morning with the most wonderful feeling of peace and self-satisfaction as I remembered that I have the whole, chilly day ahead of me, that I made it through another day and I am clearheaded - no anxiety, guilt, confusion, or physical pain. This is the exact feeling that I stay sober for (among other things). Call it the pink cloud or whatever, I don’t care what it is, it’s definitely what I want to feel every day (I’ll take even something close!).

Miss P. , I can’t visualize anything when I am drinking either- I can barely think about the future..it’s just my daily responsibilities (which, luckily, I still manage to get done) and then its all about when will I drink, how will I hide it, how awful I feel from the night before, or how/when do I stop for the umtpeenth time). Anyway, I just purchased the Calm app for my phone which has many guided meditations. I am in the early stages of meditation, I have heard there are so many benefits. I am hoping to use it especially now when I am not working when I have a craving or just need to be still and present. Good luck on your move...moving is stressful in and of itself, even when it’s a good move that you have chosen.

UUN, wow! This is definitely your time of year plowing snow! Its good to be busy these early days, makes the time go by faster and less time for cravings.

Ali, 20 days is awesome! It will be a tough week for me too, but think of that sense of accomplishment you will feel when you wake up sober each day

I am looking forward to all of my favorite things today: chilly weather (rare for where I live), long walk with my dog, shopping, and going to see Christmas lights and out to dinner with my girls and some family tonight. If I drank last night, all of these things, as much as I enjoy them, would have been a struggle. So sad.

Hope everyone has a nice, sober Saturday. Stay strong

“If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up.”