Old 12-19-2015, 01:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
OpenTuning

Originally Posted by keeppushing View Post
Not at all, it was about how to look at success. My aim is 100% abstinence. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Hi Keeppushing,

I just wanted to apologise for the first parts of my post. I normally re-read what I've written before posting, but didn't this time, and it came across as harsh and judgmental, which I really regret.

I agree with you. I've seen so many people who've gone a lengthy time sober, slipped up, and then called themselves failures, and I've always argued they shouldn't. That all that time sober is a sign of success, and they just need to work on their plans to figure out why they slipped, not use that slip as an excuse to give up. Which is what you are saying. So yes, I did misunderstand what you'd written. Sorry about that.

Thinking about it, that actually ties in with the main point I was trying to make. Of course the loss of your business is exceptionally painful, and I'm not trying to minimise that, but I'm hoping you won't see it as a sign that you, keeppushing, are a failure. And I hope you won't let it kill your dreams. If you read the biographies of successful entrepreneurs, their past is littered with failed businesses. But their dreams remained intact and they somehow found a way to rise again, like the old Phoenix from the flames. And when you are firmly on the path to a sober life, the sky really will be the limit for what you can achieve.