View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 11:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
recoveryseeker2

as someone new to sobriety, with meth also being my DOC, im going to parrot some of the above replies.. Going to meetings, especially CMA if it is available near you is a really great way to start. I recently got a sponsor and have been told to listen more than to share and if something speaks to me during a meeting to talk to that person afterwards, even if its just to say thanks I really identified with what youre saying. its so hard talking to new people and being comfortable with myself while maintaining sobriety, finding these people and networking with them has brought a new level to my sobriety- someone is holding me accountable for my actions. the fellowship is great because its a we not me program. its a lot to swallow at once and as meth users we usually seek instant gratification, with that I'd say just keep going. eventually something will click, someone will reach out, and you will begin to find the meaning that you need. you have already started with admitting that theres a problem so you are already ahead of the curve! have faith in whatever suits your fancy- it will help you find the right way