Old 12-18-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
keeppushing

Originally Posted by strongtoolong View Post
Hi there Keeppushing,

Welcome to SR! I understand completely about the grief of lost dreams. I lost all of my financial resources for my retirement due to hurricane Katrina and a partner who was not honest with me after being together for 20 years. I was losing myself in the grief and resentment of not being where I thought I should be at this stage in my life. The hopes and dreams that I envisioned are slowly fading as I get older, and I'm also not able to physically do things that I would like to do.

I've recently identified that the resentment I harbor is truly affecting my ability to have a happy healthy future. In the recent past I thought my life was just about over and I would just sit in my chair watch the mind-numbing TV and wait for life to pass by, but now after joining SR and doing research on letting go of resentment and other psychological issues I feel more optimistic about my future.

Read, read, read as much as you can and take notes. Try to identify your emotions and work on the negative to change to positive. You will feel better and get out of this slump!

Take care!
Thanks for that, I didn't think that I might be resenting life. What an intriguing thought. I can understand how that could hold me book. I'll definitely look into that.

KP