Old 12-18-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
keeppushing

Originally Posted by JustKaz View Post
I'm new here today. I went to my first AA meeting Sunday. I've had one glass of wine at a funeral (yesterday), which made me feel worse and I'm totally depressed. I relate to your post because my business has failed, I'm handing the keys back in january and am in the process of selling off equipment. I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm afraid of the future and so have been drinking more recently to block those feelings out. The reality is that my business has failed and drinking isn't going to change that. All it does is make me feel ill and actually makes it harder to deal with. I wish you luck, I'm holding on the the hope that this is a door closing and a new chapter about to start. My whole family are successful in business and my pride is wounded. Drinking a bottle of wine a night makes me forget, knocks me out so I can sleep but really, it's not dealing with the stress at all. I too am in a bad place but cry alone as my partner gets angry. It's a lonely place.
I hear you. Especially the lonely part. I think it's the shame, at least for me (thanks to OpenTuning for opening my eyes). Hang in there, I certainly plan to and I will become sober come hell or high water.

Thanks and best of luck,

KP