Thread: Holiday Blues
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Acceptance is the answer to all of my problems today.

Hi lonray, congrats on 2 years! Many of us never get that far - well done!

The referenced phrase from one of the iconic story's in the Big Book, has helped a lot of people. For me though I need more - I can't always be accepting especially if I feel cheated or resentful. There has to be more understanding of why I must accept.

As I thought about your thread, I reflected on the four hideous horseman - terror, bewilderment, frustration and despair - along with their close cousin - incomprehensible demoralization. These are the day after friends that showed up daily at the end of my drinking. I don't miss any of them - worst crowd I've ever hung with.

I am glad you posted this thread because many of us at times feel/felt cheated. The thoughts those times when "the goose hung high" come back. We have to be careful or our "venting" turns to anger - the dubious luxury of normal men.

It's good topic for an open meeting this time of year - if you want it out, shout it out! Maybe suggest it at a meeting and talk to your sponsor about it.

As we can all agree, we don't have to act on thoughts as we have the tools to deal with them - Thank goodness

You're not alone, glad you posted this
Thanks friend