Old 12-18-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LBrain

I recently spent a few days with people I worked with, people who are grossing almost $200K annually.
That would be me if I hadn’t lost my job. My world was turned upside down. I figured I had another 10 or so years of that… It was a life changing event for me. As I was ‘adjusting’ to my situation I constantly heard from people telling me that there are many opportunities for me to be in that same ‘position’ as soon as I wanted it. My qualifications and experience blah-blah-blah… Yes, but do I really want that again? Was my ‘quality of life’ really worth it… It has been two years since I last worked. I was fortunate to have had a cushion to get me through this time. My time (cushion) is running out. What do I do? I’m still unsure of my future as far as what I want to be when I grow up. Still deciding…………….
Let’s go back over a year…
While I was in rehab it was suggested to me to get a ‘book’ and read it. I did. It gave me a new perspective on living. Of course there were other influences “Full Catastrophe Living” was one.

I suggest you read this little book. It’s a Shambhala publication: The Sacred Path of the Warrior by Chogyam Trungpa. I offer no insight other than to read it. Then read it a second time hoping to grasp the concept. Just ‘reading through it’ once may be confusing. I found it very enlightening. It had a profound impact on me and how I was going about living. Take from it what you will.

I have always said I would rather be happy living in a trailer park than being miserable living in a mansion.
We make our own happiness. We cannot imagine it. We cannot dream it.
While I was drinking every day I was chasing dreams. Since I am sober, I chase reality.