View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
MesaMan

I'm big on rehearsing my Lines. It changes my Vocal Tone, and lowers Defensiveness, I think.

Back in the Stone Age, we learned that some 70% of Communication is non-Verbal. Hence, all the fine maneuvering/interpreting in Job Interviews.

Astonishingly, she's way into issuing 'Drinking Limits' in advance on Summer Guests. I Bottle of Wine; split among several Folks. 1 Drink up front. Then, switch to non-Alcoholic Beverages. This was a pretty huge breakthrough. I firmly stated that, if Folks drop me, they drop me. Dry Cheeks [no Tears will be shed over that possible outcome].

This Chat today had all the appearances of Progress. I've always walked away from Throw Downs, like moving out. No reaction deflates the verbal puffery to nothing.

The many hundreds of Posts and situations I've read about here on SR has been about like Jail House Law School for Addicts Sobering up. As when Inmates get very adept at Law to help themselves. The earnest POVs here have been invaluable in formulating my Positions, and in knowing I'm not alone.

Thank you all...