View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Thanks for your post and bringing up the topic. If it helps you to hear from the other side great!

Guess what? It helps US to hear about YOUR side. It helps me to know what the opposite side is going through and possibly come of with ways/means to improve things. I've never done heroin, but it is an opiate just like Morphine, Demerol, Oxycontin, hydracodone.Dilaudid, fentanyl-( you get the picture) De[ending on the person they get 'hooked' for various reasons....I had been taking hydros for mouth pain because I had THREE oral surgeries within a year. Yikes!

So it was legitimate pain....BUT, I didn't like when I used it all up and had no more. For me, the worst thing with detoxing is the insomnia and I had insomnia for 2-3 weeks, probably because my "baseline" is that I've struggled with insomnia for years.......Why can't I sleep, dang-it?! My body is tired when I go to bed....but sometimes my mind feels like it's having racing thoughts and I'm wide awake. It's kind of depressing to tell you the truth.

It's likely that your husband is going through some BIG changes and it's good that he so enthused about his recovery program. It looks to me from your post that you still love him despite him being a former Heroin user. That's big. Most addicts feel shame and are worried that their spouse won't love them anymore of leave when the find out the truth. They are ashamed and not proud of what they've done...so if you can come up with anything to help him not feel so ashamed that would be very helpful, I think.

I feel like I'm rambling, but I'd like to answer some of your questions when I can come up with answers...

Blessed Be