Thread: On My Way #3
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
You are going to be busy, GC - a good kind of busy.

Have fun.
A very good type of busy. Last night when we were just hanging out in the living room it was great and earlier today when I heard the kids downstairs yucking it up between themselves I know I involuntarily smiled. They're smart, independent, and taking the steps they need to become successful adults and they also know that our home, the only one they have ever known, is a place where they are secure and loved. Knowing what their upbringing, as well as mine and my wife's has been, it pains me terribly to read some of the posts on SR. Truly sad stuff and I wish I had more of substance to add.

Lest I give the impression that every moment is like living in Shangri La, it's not . It would be unnatural for parents and kids to agree on everything. Furthermore, as much as I like them being around, I'm not promoting the idea to them that it's okay to be 40 and still living at home, not that they would want to. At that point I hope they can support me and my wife in a life style we'd like to be accustomed to.