Thread: On the fence
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
SadInTX

[Most A’s I know that received a DUI’s and lost their license drank more – their logic - heck why not, I'm not going to be driving any where.

The A’s that I know that were court ordered into AA continued to drink except on meeting days/nights, they wait until their paperwork gets signed first then do what they do best – drink.

He’s had 8 months to address his drinking issue if he wanted and his choice is pretty clear. Being made to attend AA isn’t going to change that or him if that is what you are waiting around to see.

You've had 6 months or more to come up with an exit plan, what's that plan looking like?[/QUOTE]

I think you are right..if he is ordered to go to AA he will still continue to drink. He won't be able to drive his car since he will probably get the alcohol detector to blow into so he will do all of his drinking at home and I am pretty sure I know how that will turn out.
I reached out to a realtor for rental home listings, but I don't even enough money to put down a security deposit and pay rent at the same time. My old apartment complex has a 2 bedroom apartment available so that is where I can move. That is my plan. Just not sure when this will all fall into place.