Thread: On the fence
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
honeypig

The sad thing is that I think I should wait until after Christmas...don't want to ruin the kids holiday....
Sad, do you think there's a fair chance your A will ruin their holiday if you DON'T leave?? Might it not be better to give them the gift of a peaceful, loving Christmas MINUS the alcoholic madness?

I've been struggling w/trying to make an A take responsibility for himself and his crap also (see my "Briar Patch" thread) and I was getting nowhere. I simply wanted him to get his stuff out of MY house. He's had over a month to do so but keeps dawdling, dragging his feet, making excuses, etc. Finally, w/the help of the Get-Off-Yer-Ass Committee here at SR, I got that moment of clarity you hear about.

My pity and sympathy evaporated when I realized I was once again being played as a soft touch. He was doing the same passive-aggressive crap he'd done for years. I realized it was going to be way easier for me to just move his crap out of the house and into my brother's pole shed myself than to continue to fight w/him about HIM doing it, regardless of the fact that "I shouldn't have to do this." I took up my wheelbarrow and dammit, I moved that $hit out!! Yes, it is HIS stuff and HIS responsibility, but it was MY home and MY serenity that was getting trampled. That was not acceptable.

Do you want to borrow my wheelbarrow?