Thread: My first post!
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Puggington

My first post!

Hello! Today is day 50 sober for me, this is the longest I've gone without any booze in 8 years. I've been to treatment in the past and it only lasted a bit over a month for me so today is kind of a big deal. I'm anxiously waiting for the 100 day marker, for some reason I feel like at that point I will be tired of trying to avoid drinking. But for the moment it's working and I'm begining to really take pride in my sobriety, I actually have a new fear of losing it, I've never experienced that before.... ugh more things to feel anxious over lol.

I'm proud to say that I did everything in my power to change what I could in order to get sober, I quit my job at a resturant ( that prides itself on wine sales ) and now I am a receptionist at the ER in a hospital. Every evening I drink LOTS and LOTS of lemon hot tea, it keeps that hand to mouth motion satisfied and pacifies me for now, so I'm hanging on to it. Also I deleted my facebook altogether, it's another addiction that is just wasting my time. I don't want to have any pointless contact with old friends who somehow climb into my subconsious and influence me. I've replaced my facebook addiction with this site, now when i feel the urge to check the status of newsfeeds I just turn here. It has been outstanding for me. Thank you to all who feel comfortable sharing so much! I hope to get that courage too