View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 07:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
reikihelps
Reikihelps

Dear Freya and Beesknees,

My. I really am rough on myself. Being gentle, especially with me, is something I will focus on today. Thanks, Freya. By the way, you have beautifully written text. It is smooth and comforting.
BK, that was very helpful. I think I need to slow down a lot with choosing a sponsor. Here's my first personal challenge in Alanon. Another member, actually an old timer, told another mutual friend that I am attending her meeting. Our mutual friend did not know this and has not really been involved in my life much for the last year. The alanoner who broke confidentiality sees me as very secure and said "I hope you don't mind but I told... you have been coming to meetings." I responded with a quick "it's ok" but haven't been comfortable since. After thinking about it for a while, I think I need to speak to this woman and explain that I am uncomfortable and am hoping that she doesn't share my story as it is mine to share not hers. In a way I feel my trust has been violated. I recognize that it's minor but it's gnawing at me. So, I want to talk to her without an edge and share what I'm feeling. I was thinking of asking this woman to be my temp sponsor. Not now though. Any suggestions?
Reikihelps