View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
amber1988

Hey everyone! My first time posting in the class. Day 3 is coming to a close my days 1 and 2 were a Saturday and Sunday which were very rough at times, cried a lot on Saturday. I suffer with anxiety and last Monday, going into work with a hangover from hell, was just horrific. This Monday, today, on day 3 - I was delayed due to my train being cancelled and had to walk into my team meeting halfway through. Normally this is the kind of thing which I panic about, obsessed with worry and fear, but I did it without too much thinking about it. I also dread meetings and having to sit with other people due to anxiety, racing heart, fear of being judged etc. But today I actually enjoyed the meeting and talked to my colleagues without that awful paranoia and fear which has plagued me ever since I can remember. Unheard of for me. As well as this, I felt a clarity of mind and productiveness I have honestly not felt for years. Admittedly this amazing calm, capable feeling wore off this afternoon and I don't feel particularly enlightened right now (I'm tired), but for only day 3 I am blown away! If this is what long term sobriety feels like, I want more!!