Thread: Dying and Death
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Dying and Death

For those of you who have been following my stories in the past year or so may remember that I have been dealing with some difficult losses during this second sober year of mine... (even if we don't count our beloved RobbyRobot into "my losses", I still miss him a lot and think of him often).

Well, there is one more to add to the series, and I feel this is a little weird since I did not even know the person well... but indirectly we ended up connecting through something that was very meaningful to me: my childhood home. Here is the story from a little while ago:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...treatment.html

I just heard this morning that this young woman (early 30's) passed away last weekend. They bought my house in my home country not even two months ago. I already knew that she had terminal cancer at the time but they really wanted the house and seemed so excited about it... I kept in touch and knew that they did some quick renovations and moved in shortly after we closed the deal. Apparently she did not even have 2 weeks to enjoy it... She struggled with what started out as breast cancer for a while, lots of treatments, to no avail. I imagine, given her young age, that she might have had a genetic predisposition and it was caught late...

I really did not expect myself to feel this way as a response to the news but I'm just so utterly devastated, even came home after a meeting at work this morning because I just can't seem to hold myself. I guess it's the accumulation of all these deaths in my life lately: my 84 year old father, my unborn child, and now this 30something woman whose family bought my old home. It is true that after a while these losses and the power of grief tend to accumulate, one event brings the other back and they seem to have additive effect.

I really don't want to sound like whining or self pity, there are certainly lots of great things in my life, but for some reason I felt like posting about it given that I had been telling you all about all these events (including what lead up to them) here on the forum over time. I don't feel like drinking or anything... guess I just want to get it out of my chest here since I'll be spending all day today alone at home.

Thanks for listening