Thread: venting
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Iwishonstars777

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Vent away. I was in the exact same position. Married to someone who did not help at all, I mean nothing. I kicked him out (not b/c of that), and my load became so much lighter. I did not have to deal with him and his mess! I know the resentment you feel at having the be the husband and the wife. The stress is so much.

I can only say for me, it got so much better when he was no longer there. Have you communicated that YOU NEED HIS HELP. Just b/c he is working on himself does not mean he does not have responsibilities to take care of.

One time, I went on laundry strike and only washed my daughters and my own clothes. It took him a bit to realize what was going on (I did not mention it, just did it). Once he did, I have to say, he did help out with some laundry for a while LOL.

Many hugs to you. You are not alone!
Been there with the laundry strike. Lol. I refuse to do his laundry. I think it's been about 3 months since I started that. It sure has helped by not having that responsibility. If he has no clean clothes, socks, or underwear, it is now his fault and his problem for not taking responsibility for it. I have communicated to him I need his help but it's like he doesn't care. Of course, my way of communicating isn't always the best but I wouldn't be bitching if it weren't for that issue right?! When he was in the halfway house, it was nice to have the bed to myself and not be butt hurt why he won't share a blanket with me but wrap himself up in one. I didn't have to worry about cleaning up behind him all day or trippin over his stuff laying around. Or accommodating his needs. Mom always tells me when he's not around, I'm a much happier person. Sometimes I see it and sometimes I dont.