Old 12-13-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Can you get rid of the alcohol today as your blatently planning to drink on another day why can't you give yourself the same deal with sobriety

At least make it fair by not buying alcohol when your trying, you recognise a problem & its early days I get that but it makes no sense buying alcohol & if your goal isn't abstinence why are you sober today

Your sober today as deep down deep deep down you know your 'insert label here'

I know I'm alcoholic I can't drink safely nor responsibly (believe me I tried) your no exception no one is alcohol has no bias or discrimination

Crush your AV with gratitude
SW,

this position makes a certain amount of sense to me. There was a time when I was not reconciled to being alcoholic, when I hoped my problem would be of some other cause, where I had not yet fully understood the seriousness of my situation and how limited my options really were.

In that space I did what came naturally. I might have been thinking about the possibility of remaining abstinent, but I wanted to keep my options open. My alcoholic life was the only normal one, and I reserved the right to have a drink at some future time if I wanted one.

In that position, I was still able to hear the message about sobriety, and work through the options. Later I reached a point where I was convinced abstinence was the only option.

That's is how it was for me. Not saying it is the same for you, wheeling dizzy.