View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Mark1014

I don't know that I've ever had cranberry bread. Suddenly I feel like I've been missing out!

The run was great, I love feeling the sun. I'm generally a one-run-a-week guy with about a five mile limit. Not a marathoner for sure.

As I've mentioned before I kind of follow along the successes of a particular set of SR folks and apply what I think fits me personally. Leigh, I've said before that you're one of this set. Anyway, about a year ago this guy I had been observing marked his year of sobriety with a hiking trip. I told myself that if I made it a year I'd do something along those lines. There are a few places in this world that I'm drawn to for some reason.

I started thinking about it all a couple of months ago and mentioned it to my wife while we were away at thanksgiving. I got what I considered to be a cool reception to it all and felt as though it somehow seemed 'silly' to her. I dropped it I thought, but have found myself getting a bit angry to tell you the truth. I don't golf, I don't go on hunting trips with the guys, I don't leave her to attend sporting events. I don't really do much except work and then my hobby of yard stuff.

So I have had a habit in the past of keeping things like this to myself until I get over it or on rare occasion 'blow up' about it. I thought about this on my run and I don't want to get over it. Since the little one happens to be at the neighbors I'm gonna take advantage of it and go have this needed conversation......before I'm angry.