View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
minime13

Mixture of Annoyed and Amused

Perhaps amused isn't the right word - annoyed is, but maybe the amused is just a good sign.

My relationship with my XAB ended almost 6 months ago.

Today, 1 day before my birthday, I get a message from him about finding a bag I left over there today. Basically the first time I've heard from him since he said he couldn't remember where he put it (like a week after the break up) and maybe threw it away.

Six months later. That must have been a hell of a bender.

I understand there's probably more than just coincidence with the timing, etc., but I looked at the message for a minute, shook my head, and just deleted it. Maybe he'll get help some day, and best of luck to him if he does.

Three months ago I probably would have responded, and met up with him to get it. There's no telling where that would have headed, although I'd hope I would have had the strength to just get my belongings and walk away (it was a makeup bag and some other unnamed "stuff" he said that I had left over after I left that last night).

Five months ago, I possibly would have definitely given him another chance, likely just based on little more than his words, which he'd shown so many times were relatively meaningless.

Today, it's simply part of my past.

It gets better, guys. Just believe in yourself and your recovery, and take advice you get here to heart, because it's some of the greatest advice you can receive.