View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
InParticular

FBL, thank you for those kind words! I really appreciate it, as you know, you with your experience and vast knowledge!
This little project of mine has been a cool learning experience so far. Learning about my voice and not being shy. I've always been really shy with talking and speaking up. There were a few years when I was a kid when I could barely talk, if an adult spoke directly to me I would turn away and not speak. I still have a little bit of that in me. So .... I guess I'm proud of myself? To be able to do this is a big growing leap for me. And I love choosing songs to play!

Anyway. It's my Christmas dinner tonight with work. Yay. It's going to be LAAAAME. Ugh. Small talk with my boss and we barely tolerate each other working in different offices, haha. And I'll be the only one not drinking, of course. I plan on ordering elaborate virgin cocktails and dessert, because I'm sick of everyone else getting free drinks and me getting water.

It's 7F. Our highest temp today is going to be 19. Everyone here is pretty much gunning for it to stay like this so we can cruise through a balmy winter. That's what the meteorologists say is going to happen. I feel slightly gypped. (I think that's a racist term, isn't it. Are there any gypsies here? If so, I apologize.) I was looking forward to getting through a big, Northern Winter. I shouldn't speak too soon though, should I? Maybe I'm trying to tempt fate!