Old 06-27-2005, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
withteeth

Advice needed with social anxiety situation

Hello, I am new and wanted to see if any of you have some advice, it would help alot. I have been suffereing from social anxiety and anxiety in general for a long time. I have been on lexapro off and on, have been consistent with 10mgs for 2 months now but it is not working the same as it used 2, I just feel cloudy and irritated.

Here is my main problem, in class I have extreme social anxiety when having to sit still around people. I have a hard time focusing and am "scared" to look up at what is going on, I sometimes twitch when the teacher or whoever says certain words becuase I am scared to face what is going on. My doctor gave me xanex .25 mg to help but I have to take 4-5 to be able to sit and get through class. I am just really worn down and dont know what to do. Just starting a new session of classes also. I am always scared of people seeing me twitch and noticing me being very anxious and its embarassing. Any tips about overcoming this?

I think a key is to face what is going on around me and try to focus, it is just so hard becuase have been trained not to over the last few years as the anxiety has grown worse and worse. The xanex is almost out also but of couse its just supposed to be temporary, and i only use it 3 times a week in this "social setting" any thoughts appreciated, thank you.