View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
biminiblue

I would also gently suggest that you not beat yourself up over having a week of rest.

I know I used to fret if I didn't have plans, if I wasn't go-going all the time. For me it is bad mental health to let the negative thoughts creep in, not necessarily just staying in or being alone. I like staying in and I like being alone. However, if I were to go down that mental path that "there is something wrong with me because I don't want to work out, or I want to lie on the couch," then I start to believe that lie.

I have issue with people saying not to isolate. I don't think it's the isolation persay that is the problem. I think it is the mental attitude. If I were to look at it as laziness or sadness or depression or any negative thing, then that's what it becomes. On the flip side, if I simply look at isolation as a need to do some self-care, rest, recharge, then it becomes a positive thing.

I don't believe isolating - in itself - is a bad thing. If I didn't recharge alone regularly, I would not be able to function. It's how I view it that makes it healthy or not.