Old 12-09-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Kzaug, I'm like you, often very sensitive to meds. I've taken 1/15 the dose of a med and have it knock me out! It's only with the opiates and built up tolerance that I got to such crazy amounts. I usually start small and work my way up.

With all, or almost all, the other antidepressants I've tried the side effects usually got me in less than a week and I knew they weren't right for me. The ones that made me suicidal it was pretty quick and obvious. The more I am coming out from under this drug the more I am realizing how scary this has been. Scary and dangerous. I think it was making me a bit psychotic. Or at least not able to access any other thoughts. Now I'm having other thoughts besides terror and suicide. That's how small my mind was getting.

I bet my reaction is in the 1% or less, which I can tend to be. So doctors are surprised, aren't able to cope or conceptualize that I can have extreme responses. And like you said, want us to wait it out. Thank goodness I stopped this one or I'd probably not have made it. I'm really beginning to wake up to how insidiously this drug was messing my mind.

I know what you mean about not feeling, too. It's not good. Lexapro worked on my depression and on pain to some degree but it also gave me "flat affect" which I didn't realize til I was off it. And no dreams which is very rare for me.

This is why it's taken me over two years to consider antidepressants again.

Sorry to ramble on so long. It's like I really am just waking up from a LONG nightmare.

ETA--Thanks and to you too.